It’s official: Spring is here. You don’t see it? At seven in the evening, it’s still light out, the sun is pleasantly warm, women are more lively and cheerful as they walk through town, and the first blossoms gently fill the air with nice scents.
Because then one knows that… Spring is the season of love. Our recommendation? Fall in love with Belluno and its nature that wakes you up, imitate it.
And so what are you waiting for? You don’t pass your free time at home (or nonetheless indoors), right? Here are some ideas of things you can do in spring in Belluno.
1. #Bicycle. Stretch out your muscles and begin breathing real air that is not air conditioned. There are many scenic cycling routes that you can follow in Belluno and the areas nearby, but even simply going to the supermarket by bicycle is a great idea!
2. #Fruits and Vegetables. Go shopping at the greenmarket. Buy fresh fruits and vegetables, not pre-packaged, it wakes up the senses and makes you feel at one with the world.
3. #Run. When you go running, the mind can empty of negative thoughts in order to leave space for the good ones. You can run everywhere, in the streets of downtown or in the Modolo neighborhood in Castion, in any direction. You can go slowly or quickly, even against the wind. The important thing is to do it!
4. #Gelato. Even if it is true that a swallow does not bring spring, it is true, however, that fruit gelato brings joy. Are you stressed? Need a break? Eat a gelato at one of the many ice cream shops in the center of Belluno, if possible, colorful and precisely filling the cone, those which leave your hands and mouth messy.
5. #Picnic. Take advantage of sunny Sundays and have a nice picnic with friends at one of the several flowered meadows at Nevegal in Castion or in Col di Roanza. The ingredients? Wonderful company and a basket filled with good eats. Guaranteed relaxation.
6. #LunchBreak. It’s not necessary to wait for Sunday to eat outside. Try to spend your lunch break at a place that has been renamed “Piave Beach”! Alone or with others, all you need is an hour of lunch break outside to find your good feelings once again.
7. #Excursions. You don’t have any excuses: we live in one of the areas most known for mountain itineraries. And there happen to be all kinds: from the half-hour stroll in spots like the Bus del Buson to more challenging excursions like the climb to the top of Monte Serva. Indulge yourselves.
8 #Aperitivo. Sip an aperitivo on the patio or at the outside tables of one of the several bars in the historical center, it is a whole other vibe. Enjoying the hot rays of sun while chatting among friends is one of the things that will makes life feel better.
9 #Yoga&Meditation. Listen to the sounds of nature while your body meets your mind in a meditation journey.
10 #Creativity. Since the beginning of time, poets and artists have held spring close to their hearts, the moment when nature is reborn, regains its colors and wakes up from winter lethargy. To be surrounded by this atmosphere of collective rebirth and color makes one relish the outside world and stimulates creativity. With pens and paintbrushes in your hands, you can make the artist in you come to life! At the end, we like to say that Bellunese views aren’t too bad…