Palazzo della Provincia

Enlargement work carried out from 1926-28 by the architect Alberto Alpago-Novello in order to close the southern section of the Piazza Duomo with a monument. It was built on the site of the old grammar school, in front of which used to be the two churches of S. Giovanni and S. Andrea, which were knocked down in 1555 and 1873 respectively.