Palazzo dei Rettori – Prefecture

In 1491 a Venetian style loggia with 3 arches was added to the front of a fortification originally built in 1409 (burnt down in 1802). In 1496 a project of enlargement was carried out by the Venetian Giovanni Candi and finally completed in 1536. Between 1536 and 1547 the clock tower was added. On the facade there are coats of arms and busts of Venetian rectors from the 15th to 17th century.