Santa Maria dei Battuti Church

Built in the early 14th century for the Flagellant brotherhood, two epigraphs record the erection ofthe bell tower in 1415 and the completion of the building in 1441. Originally it was rich in works of art.(Alvise Vivarini, Paris Bordon, Carlo Caliari) but these were removed after the suppression of 1806. The sculptured gothic portal was transferred to S. Stefano’s church in 1893.