Belluno is well worth visiting, thanks to its old town centre, the crown of surrounding mountains, the Piave river that runs through it, the historical buildings, monuments and fountains, and the precious civic museum. It is the only capital town in Italy whose territory is within the boundaries of a national park, that of the Dolomiti Bellunesi. Moreover, the Dolomites are included in the UNESCO World Heritage list.
In order to better appreciate the old town centre, Belluno proposes five thematical walks that allow the visitor to discover its beauty in a targeted way with three itineraries that explore the nucleus of the historical centre and two others that widen the visit from the immediate heart of the town to the adjoining area characterized by the architecture of the early ‘900s and to the very close Piave river.
Five Walks in the city centre
- Purple Walk, “Zattieri”: from Piazza dei Martiri to Porta Rugo.
- Yellow Walk, “900”: from Palasport to via Garibaldi.
- Blue Walk, “Dino Buzzati”: from Train Station to piazza Duomo.
- Red Walk, “Dolomiti”: from piazza Piloni to Piazza Duomo.
- Green Walk, “Sebastiano Ricci”: from Lambioi park to Porta Rugo.
Cover photo by Manuele Sangalli