Palazzo della Provincia

Ampliamento realizzato nel 1926-28 dall’architetto Alberto Alpago-Novello per chiudere monumentalmente la quinta sud di Piazza Duomo. E’ sorto sulla sede delle antiche scuole di grammatica, di fronte alle quali sorgevano le due chiese di S.Giovanni e S.Andrea, abbattute rispettivamente nel 1555 e nel 1873.

Enlargement work carried out from 1926-28 by the architect Alberto Alpago-Novello in order to close the southern section of the Piazza Duomo with a monument. It was built on the site of the old grammar school, in front of which used to be the two churches of S. Giovanni and S. Andrea, which were knocked down in 1555 and 1873 respectively.

This post is also available in: Inglese, Portoghese, Brasile